In recent years, many of our customers expressed the need for a more visible SolarWinds alert. Especially the MacOS users are in a predicament, as there is no real solution when it comes to a quick alert straight to the desktop. This why we developed a new SolarWinds Alert Notification tool, which is usable on Windows and MacOS. An alert directly on your screen, no emails, no text messages.
Only the alerts
The Alert notification tool is set up to do as it would be expected: alert you when there are notifications. Linked to SolarWinds (or another network monitor tool) it shows you all network monitoring alerts that you need to see. Only want to see the critical problems. Filter the view only to show critical alerts. Never has it been so easy to keep track of your Solarwinds Alerts.
For whom is this alert notification tool?
Are you familiar with SolarWinds Orion? Use it? Then this tool is for you! You will have the ability to receive the alerts that are important to you or your team. Inform your colleagues directly through the tool that you are working on the alert and leave information when you have worked on it. This way not only the alert gets resolved, but you will also inform your coleagues as you go along.
What will the solarwinds notification tool do for you?
Our SolarWinds Notification Tool will warn you directly in the tray of your OS. Immediately, you will know what problem there is. Click on the SolarWinds notification and you will see a complete overview of relevant information. The tool is installed to your OS, so there is no web interface. Furthermore, you can set your personal preferences to filter what you really want to see and be notified about.
Therefore, the tool will help you be more pro-active:
- See all relevant alerts create an OS notification (Windows: Notification Area, MacOS: Notification Centre).
- Arrange your view and filter on alert severity to focus on what you want to see.
- Set the refresh frequency - get information at the speed you need (5s – 500s).
- Acknowledge alerts - let your colleagues know that you are working on the problem.
- Append notes to alerts - leave an information trail.
- Link to the web interface where more details of the alert or triggering object are available.
- Save your settings for next time.
- Have a break: There is a “Do not disturb”-button - no need to quit the tool.
Free 14-day trial
The SolarWinds notification tool is made for your convenience. Do not just believe our word for it, try it. You can try the tool for 14 days, free of charge. When the trial passed, you are given the choice to buy a license or discard the tool.