As an organisation with complex IT environments, we use and recommend SolarWinds Orion. A program designed to be powerful and easy in its use. In our opinion, the SolarWinds platform had one downside: poor alerts. Our customers shared this opinion, so we went to develop a tool which provides you with the alerts, visible on your desktop.
The SolarWinds Alerts in you OS tray
Our SolarWinds Notification Tool will warn you directly in the tray of your OS. Immediately, you will know what problem there is. Click on the SolarWinds notification and you will see a complete overview of relevant information. The tool is installed to your OS, so there is no web interface. Furthermore, you can set your personal preferences to filter what you really want to see and be notified about.
Choose what you see
Devide and conquer, that is basically it. Determine in your team who is responsible for which level of alerts. Set the tool to your level and you will only receive the alerts that are pre determined to you. No pollution, only the alerts that fit your level of expertise. Having a break? Then switch the do not disturb button on and you are able to enjoy your break in peace.
Be more pro-active:
- See all relevant alerts create an OS notification (Windows: Notification Area, MacOS: Notification Centre).
- Arrange your view and filter on alert severity to focus on what you want to see.
- Set the refresh frequency - get information at the speed you need (5s – 500s).
- Acknowledge alerts - let your colleagues know that you are working on the problem.
- Append notes to alerts - leave an information trail.
- Link to the web interface where more details of the alert or triggering object are available.
- Save your settings for next time.
- Have a break: There is a “Do not disturb”-button - no need to quit the tool.
Free 14-day trial
The SolarWinds notification tool is made for your convenience. Do not just believe our word for it, try it. You can try the tool for 14 days, free of charge. When the trial passed, you are given the choice to buy a license or discard the tool.